background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

American Girls-Chicago!

Overall we had a great time in Chicago. We got to eat at Grand Lux Cafe, Giordano's pizza, Sprinkles cupcakes, Garrett's popcorn--yummmmmm. The weather sucked (too cold) and we had a very cranky toddler for some of the trip but we loved our hotel--the Peninsula (with a tv in the bathtub which Sydney enjoyed) and seeing some of the wonderful sites this city has to offer. Sydney embraced my love of the Chicago and would proclaim "I love this city" at random times.

We got to celebrate cousin Katelyn's birthday with lunch at American Girl store (check out Jason's special lunch!) and i am still quite horrified at the prices and services (hair braiding for $20, manicures/facials/ear piercing--all for dolls!!!). I don't even get my nails done that often and there was a long line for people waiting for these treatments for their DOLL. I could go on and on....but i must go through about a hundred more photos and wanted to get started with these...will post more soon.


















I tried to get some good photos of the city which i won't bore you with now but thought these pictures from the top of the John Hancock Observatory were adorable and couldn't resist this one of both girls napping during our shopping expedition down Michigan Avenue!

No comments: