Sunday December 7th at Clyde's Tyson's Corner we had Sydney's official baby naming ceremony. The rabbi spoke about the different names we are given throughout our life and Sydney has quite a few of them!
Ever since I was a little girl, I loved Australia and always dreamed of going there. So I've had the name Sydney picked out for many, many years. Lucky for me Jason was completely understanding and once we found out we were having a girl, it was decided that our little girl was going to be named after one of the places I love the most (good thing she was a girl as Disney Martin just doesn't have the same ring to it!). I had traveled to Australia and New Zealand several years ago and that was the trip of a lifetime for me. I had the most fantastic experience and that trip ultimately led to my moving back to Maryland from Chicago and meeting Jason. So "Sydney" represents the best decision in my life and one of the happiest moments so it is only fitting that my daughter shares this special name. Her middle name is Paige for my maternal grandparents--my grandfather Jack Paige died before I was born and I was named after him. I've always been espcially close with my grandma and after I found out I was pregnant, my grandma was placed on hospice so I had wanted to honor her as well. Fortunately, my grandma is incredibly strong willed and at 90 years old, she is actually stronger now than a year ago. I do believe her great-grandchildren contributed to her improved health.
Sydney's Hebrew Name is GOLDA CHAYA. She is lovingly named after Jason's maternal grandma Goldie who was a very important part of Jason's life. Jason and his grandparents shared a special bond and spent a lot of time with Jason throughout his life. Both Goldie and Morris are greatly missed but thought of all the time. We wanted to remember and honor Jason's grandma (Nanny) by giving Sydney her name.
I didn't get to take too many photos of the baby naming and hope to post a few more when I get them but here are the few that I did take:
The food was delicious. Clyde's had a full breakfast buffet but a party is not complete without cake!
Rosie and her husband Jesse are expecting their first child in February and we are so excited for them. They haven't found out if it is a boy or girl and we can't wait to find out!
Josh, Jason, Adam, Sophia, Sydney, Jill and Jess
Jason grew up with Josh and Adam and we are so glad they were able to join us for Sydney's special day. Josh was the Ketubah witness and Adam was the best man at our wedding.
Grandma Muriel also serenaded us with her piano playing during the event. It is pretty amazing that at 90 years old she is still able to play and has never had a lesson in her life. I wish I still played piano and we hope that one day Sydney will take lessons. Maybe she will have Granny's natural talent to play by ear?!
It was a great day that we were so thankful to share with family and friends. We appreciate all the love and support. We look forward to sharing more special events in the future.
Here is Sydney with some of her new toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment