background

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

proud to be an american...

Yesterday Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.  Sydney is too young to watch tv but we did hang out all day so I could watch the inauguration.  I was tearful throughout the ceremony and Sydney loved it when Aretha and I sang "My Country Tis of Thee" at the same time.  I did capture this picture of her watching as Barack was sworn in so she could be a part of history.









Whitney sang it best:  " I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way...".  It is pretty amazing that an African American man was elected President (although I was hoping for the first female President).  We tell Sydney that she can be whatever she wants when she grows up and this is the perfect example of a dream realized.  So she is getting a head start by learning to read and manipulating toys with her eye-hand-mouth coordination.  (OK-i might be exaggerating these skills just a little but moms are supposed to dream big!).  The future is hers--and we can't wait to see what she decides to do...



No comments: